Sterling De Vere has a few tips up their sleeve that will benefit you when touring around London. Scroll down to read more…
Why Visit London, UK?
London is a cosmopolitan city with some of the most famous buildings, museums and galleries in the world. Many people come here to tour around London to shop till they drop or for professional purposes.
But it’s not just looking backwards, there’s always new attractions and events happening in London no matter what the weather is like. London is also one of the most international cities with people from all around the world making their home here. At Sterling De Vere, we try our best to accommodate our customers in a convenient area where they stay comfortably and travel without a hassle.
London is also a multi-cultural city with succulent dishes that will make your dribble. There are areas where you can find what you want to eat such as:
- Indian Cuisines: Whitechapel, Upton Park and Southall are the main areas where you can feast upon authentic Asian cuisines.
- Oriental Cuisines: China Town is the place to go, opposite Leicester Square station, you will find yourself in an atmosphere as if you’re China.
- Urban/Street Food: If you’re into street food and the urban atmosphere then visit Camden Market or Shoreditch High Street where it’s jam packed with markets, entertainment and a variety of food stalls.
- Middle Eastern Cuisines: Want to take your journey to the middle east? Then you must visit Edgware Road. Offering you a range of Lebanese, Moroccan, Egyptian dishes- you know you’re in the middle east when you smell the shisha flavours in the air.
Best Things to Do in London, UK
- Walk along South Bank: Follow the Thames from the London Eye along to Tower Bridge and you’ll pass some of London’s most famous buildings, like the Tower of London, Shakespeare’s Globe and Tate Modern. You’ll also pass the Parliament of London in Westminster where you’ll see the magnificent Big Ben.
- Get a great view: Don’t we all enjoy a nice sunset view? Then don’t miss out on what the city has installed for you. The best view is from The Shard and St Paul’s Cathedral allowing you to see a mesmerising view of London. Want to take this to another level, climb to the top of the Monument and the O2 to see across London from the peak.
- Visit the museums and galleries: We all like it when we find something that’s free, right? Well London Museums and Galleries are free to visit all you need money for is the gift shop. Make the most of it because not everything is free in London. Choose from big names like the British Museum and National Gallery. Other educational museums are the Science Museum and Imperial War Museum.
- Escape the city into the parks: London has plenty of parks and gardens, from Hyde Park and Regents Park to Kew Gardens and Kensington Gardens. Stroll through the greenery and soak in the fresh air. Best time to do this is during the summer, you don’t want to miss out on this as summer only comes once a year in London!
Best places to shop in London:
- Oxford Circus: Everyone knows and loves Oxford Circus. They have thousands of shops that will tempt you to buy without leaving. Nearest station is Oxford Circus, or you can stop at Marble Arch where it takes you to the beginning of Oxford Circus.
- Westfield: Westfield is London’s largest shopping centre. There are two Westfields in London, one in Stratford and Shepherds Bush. They both operate on the Central line. In Westfield, you don’t only shop till you drop but they have a massive food court where you can choose from a range of dishes that you will enjoy.
- Selfridges: Selfridges is a department store in Oxford Street hosting up to 9 floors that have designer brands but even if you don’t want to shop there, it’s still nice to walk around and look at the trendy products they have on sale.