- What references and documents will I need?
- Before booking a room with us you will need to complete a lettings reference form where you will need the following information: your personal information, details of a previous landlord, bank information, employer and a guarantor details.
For a short let you will be required to produce proof of address and either your passport, national ID card or driving licence.
- How do I pay the rent?
- For short term lets you will be provided with the company's account details alongside a 6 digit reference number, which helps to identify your payment to the accounts team. There are several ways in which you can make this payment: bank transfers, internet transfers and payments over the phone. (Credit card payments are subject to a 3% charge).
- When do I pay rent?
- Rent payment days are shown on the rent calendar and payments are made every four weeks. Click on the link to see the days highlighted. Always make the payment in advance leaving enough time for the payment to clear. For UK banks, make the payment on the Friday before. For non UK banks make the payment a week in advance.
- What happens if my rent is paid late?
- Any late payment will incur a £40 late payment fee. You will be able to speak to the accounts department and dispute this charge if you believe you paid on time.
- If I have any problems during my tenancy, who do I speak to?
- Please use the Contact Us page on our website and select the correct option to report any problems or give feedabck. For urgent issues phone the branch you signed the contract with.
- If I want to serve notice to vacate my property what should I do?
- You must serve notice in accordance with the lease agreement by using the "Submit a Notice" form on the website. This can be found on the Contact Us page. After the notice has been submitted, you will receive a call / email from the notice department informing you of what to do next.
- What penalties will I incur should I break my agreement early?
- If you need to end your agreement early, you can do so by finding a replacement tenant* who will take over the accommodation. You must bring them to the office with the required documents and payment to set up the replacement tenancy. On the day the replacement tenant moves in to the accommodation, you will be released from the contract.
The penalty for leaving the accommodation early without finding a replacement is that you will forfeit the deposit amount and be liable for paying the rent of the remaining term. Sterling De Vere reserves the right to use a debt recovery agent and notify credit referencing agencies of non-payment.
- How will my payments cease at the end of my tenancy?
- You should contact your bank directly to cancel your standing order once the last payment has left your account.
- What should I do with the keys at the end of the tenancy?
- Unless specific instructions are given by Sterling De Vere, keys should be taken to Sterling De Vere's office. Please ensure all sets are returned. You should do this on or before the last day of your tenancy.
Please note that you will be liable for rent on a daily basis until the keys are returned.
- What expenditure should I expect at the end of the tenancy?
- You will be charged for the cost of professionally cleaning of the room after it is vacated unless you carry out the cleaning yourself and email across the pictures to email@example.com. Any discrepancies between the check-in and check-out may result in deductions from your deposit.
- When is my further advance returned to me?
- Once the check-out has been conducted, the room has been cleaned to a satisfactory standard and Sterling De Vere has received instructions regarding the further advance, the money will be returned to your account, less any agreed deductions.
This typically takes 10 working days and generally no more than 28 days.
- How do I renew my contract after it has expired?
- You should inform us a few days prior to the end of your tenancy to allow enough time to arrange all the related administration. You can submit your request to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org
- What are the Terms and conditions for online payments?
- Click here to Download the Terms and conditions for online payments.